- Spiro, J. (2010). Guided Interaction as Intercultural learning: desigining Internationalisation into a Mixed Delivery Teacher Education Programme. Higher Education Research & Development. This is a critical evaluation of how Jane Spiro used the Salmon Model in the programme that she described in that you may have watched earlier. (If you read one item this week, then this is it)
- These two readings are a good alternative to the restricted access Salmon text (below); you may have read them in week 1, but do revisit them now to see if what you think about them has changed:
- Moule, P. (2007). "Challenging the five-stage model for e-learning: a new approach." ALT-J 15(1): 37 - 5. Available at http://journals.sfu.ca/coaction/index.php/rlt/article/view/10911
- Salmon, G. (2007). ‘The tipping point’. Research in Learning Technology. [Online] Available at: http://www.researchinlearningtechnology.net/index.php/rlt/article/view/1091
Restricted access readings
- MacDonald, J. (2008). Blended Learning and online tutoring. Chapter 12 onwards- available as ebook from Dawsonera from the Library Catalogue (you will need to log in with your Brookes username and password).
- Salmon, G. (2011). E-moderating: The Key to Teaching and Learning Online (2nd Edition). Abingdon, Routledge. (available from the Library shelves, the Moule and Salmon article from the open readings are a good alternative to this text.)
Last modified: Monday, 4 April 2016, 10:25 AM