Information about the live online classroom
The sychronous classroom we use is in Adobe Connect. Some tips for using Connect:
- You will need a recent version of Flash installed. If you're not sure you have this, check with your IT support people in advance.
- Before you enter the classroom for the first time, run the system check tool: http://admin.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
- Use headphones if at all possible, and ideally a microphone (either your computer's built-in mic, or a headset with mic)
- Once you've confirmed that your computer is set up to run the classroom, go to: https://vlecture.brookes.ac.uk/tooc and type your name in the 'enter as guest' box.
- We find it runs best in the Firefox web browser, so if you have any problems, try switching to Firefox if you can.
- Once in the classroom click on Meeting at the top left of the screen and run the Audio Setup Wizard.
If you miss a webinar, you will be able to watch the recording afterwards.
You are welcome to use the room outside of our scheduled webinars, for example to work with your group in weeks 2 or 3, or to set up a study group to talk about the final assessment. One of the tutors will need to open the room for you so contact email@example.com to let us know what time you'll be using the room.
Find out about the main features of Adobe Connect by watching this short video:
Further Adobe Connect resources are available in our repository (RADAR). These are open and freely available for you to use: