Technical problems?

Picture of Michael Mason
Week 3 - Inability to access links in RADAR
by Michael Mason - Friday, 10 April 2015, 9:19 AM

Hi

In week 3, Task 1, there is at the foot of the page some items awe are to note. Note number 4 has a number of links to other reference documents for reading. When I click on these links, I get the message that I do not have access to RADAR (where these documents are based, it seems).

Can anything be done to make the links work? At present, I am not able to access this reading material.

Kind regards

Mike

Abi Ball
Re: Week 3 - Inability to access links in RADAR
by Abi Ball - Friday, 10 April 2015, 12:16 PM

Mike

I've redone the links (with exactly the same information as they had before!) and they now seem to be working fine.  Can you check that you can now access them too?

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Abi

Picture of Michael Mason
by Michael Mason - Friday, 10 April 2015, 7:24 PM

Hi Abi, thanks for the prompt action. The first two of the three links under note 4 now open up fine for me. Curiously the third one listed does not and still gives the following message:

Access denied

Sorry, you do not have access rights to view the RADAR resource you requested. This could be because 1) This is a restricted resource and you need to login with your Brookes staff or student number. Go to www.brookes.ac.uk/go/radar 2) If you are logged into RADAR already (or have logged into the VLE), it's likely that a system fault has occurred. Please email radar@brookes.ac.uk to report this.

The URL you requested was:

/radar/file/6695c9c6-84df-8c85-f608-35e85112fca9/1/online%20and%20f2f%20discussion%20difference.html

Authentication:

You are logged in as public user [publicuser] from 82.3.40.94

Action:

[click here to go back to previous webpage]

Is there anything else that can be tried?

Kind regards

Mike

Abi Ball
by Abi Ball - Monday, 13 April 2015, 7:42 AM

Mike

I'm now also struggling to find the document that this links to so I think there might be something wrong with the collection permissions.  I'll ask Liz to check this further as she owns the collection.  Hopefully we will get this sorted ASAP.

Thanks for your patience!

Abi

Picture of Elizabeth Lovegrove
by Elizabeth Lovegrove - Monday, 13 April 2015, 8:19 AM

Hi Mike

Sorry about this! Evidently an internal glitch in RADAR (which is our institutional repository). It should be sorted out now -- can you try again?

L.

Picture of Elizabeth Lovegrove
by Elizabeth Lovegrove - Tuesday, 14 April 2015, 3:00 PM

...And we're still having issues with this file, sorry. I've just generated a PDF of the document, and attached it here. I'll go and amend the link elsewhere, too.

L.

Picture of Michael Mason
by Michael Mason - Sunday, 19 April 2015, 7:15 PM

Thanks Liz and Abi, all links now working fine, plus the pdf.

Many thanks for sorting this.

Kind regards

Mike