Task 2: Contribute to inventory of online activities (badge activity) (no more than 2 hours)

Abi Ball
Re: Video 4 Learning
by Abi Ball - Monday, 13 April 2015, 10:04 AM

Dawn

Well done for trying the Learning Design model and for persevering with it!  I think you have applied the model really well and to a complete outsider I get a good grasp of the activity you are describing.  I like how the model gives the percentage for the different types of activity – it is very easy to see if you are placing too much emphasis on a particular type of activity so that you can get a good balance during the session.

You’ve touched on an issue that is common when transferring face to face activities to online activities – time.  We so often underestimate how long things take to transfer and I think this can be one reason that some people are put off.

I also like how you have already started to think about adapting the activity in light of what the model shows you.  Even if the model is not seen or used by anyone else (and don’t get me wrong I think it should be) then this is a really good activity to have undertaken for tutors generally just to see how things fit together (sometimes we can’t see the wood for the trees and we need to step back).

Abi