Task 2: Contribute to inventory of online activities (badge activity) (no more than 2 hours)

Picture of Suze Mathews
SAMPLE OF SESSION 1 ACTIVITY: MSC MANAGEMENT/People Management for Line Managers
by Suze Mathews - Friday, 27 March 2015, 2:53 PM

This is one of my first attempts for an activity for the new Msc Management, module People Management for Line Managers.  The programme is designed to appeal to international students whose first degrees are not likely to be in in this subject. As many of the students will be Chinese, access to Internet resources is an issue for us at present. I was already familiar with the Beetham 2007 model of designed learning activities so  this activity falls loosely within that framework.  Views warmly welcomed.

Abi Ball
Re: SAMPLE OF SESSION 1 ACTIVITY: MSC MANAGEMENT/People Management for Line Managers
by Abi Ball - Monday, 30 March 2015, 8:26 AM

Suze

Whilst this is a well-considered set of activities I think that they would benefit from a tighter application of the Beetham (2007) model. Beetham uses the following section titles - Creative appropriation, Practices, Skills and Functional access.  Which parts of your activity fit with these sections?  You mention the issues with accessing internet resources in China and this could relate to the Functional access section.  Try putting the activities into each of these sections and see if this enables you to link them more easily and perhaps provide more detail. 

Abi