Task 2: Contribute to inventory of online activities (badge activity) (no more than 2 hours)

Abi Ball
Online activity
by Abi Ball - Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 3:42 PM

Hello

This activity was originally designed for a face to face programme but I actually think it works better as an online activity.  I’ve used the JISC Model of Learning Activity Design to describe it after originally looking at the AUTC model.  I found the AUTC model too simplistic for just one activity (I think it works better at a programme level) but I’m happy with the level of detail that this model gives me. 

I’ve never used a framework or model to describe this activity before as I inherited the programme from another colleague so using the model has helped me to get a better understanding of how the activity links to the learning environment and the learning outcomes.

The activity performs a number of functions at a very early point in the programme so it is important not to overwhelm the students with technology or complicated activities.  One thing that I might change if I used it again is the focus on asynchronous technologies.  I would give the students the option to use synchronous technologies and to produce the aide-mémoire in a non-text format.

I’ve attached the model and the case study text.

Abi