Task 2: Contribute to inventory of online activities (badge activity) (no more than 2 hours)

Picture of Lorna shires
On line activity
by Lorna shires - Tuesday, 24 March 2015, 12:00 PM

Although I am familiar with aspects of online life, I have never learnt online before in a structured fashion. So for me watching the various videos and following up the resources ( though some are no longer there) and then moving to produce my own is new. I do not use twitter, but one of my goals is to develop a professional blog/ twitter presence for my ideas/ research etc on school pedagogy. 

Picture of Elizabeth Lovegrove
Re: On line activity
by Elizabeth Lovegrove - Tuesday, 24 March 2015, 5:40 PM

Hi Lorna

Thanks for spotting the broken links; we think they're all working again now!

For this task, designing online activities, you could try laying out one of the TOOC activities according to one of the design models we link to, since you've no previous experience with online learning or teaching. This is actually the sort of thing we encourage you to do anyway, to deconstruct what we've done in setting up the course, and to work out why we've made the decisions we have, and where you'd make different ones.

Liz.

Abi Ball
Re: On line activity
by Abi Ball - Thursday, 26 March 2015, 8:42 AM

Lorna

I am also new to Twitter and work in a team that has not really engaged with Twitter.  This makes it an effort to keep tweeting so I think a focus such as thoughts and research on pedagogy is a good way to start.  You could also start with blogging or tweeting your thoughts about studying online on this course.

Abi