Technical problems?

Picture of Elizabeth Lovegrove
Need help with the tech?
by Elizabeth Lovegrove - Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 2:43 PM

If you've got a problem with Moodle (this site), Adobe Connect (where we run our webinars), Google docs (where we're doing collaborative writing), or any other bits of the technology, post here to ask for help, and one of the tutors, or another course participant, will respond.

Liz (course tutor)

Picture of Cheryl Scudamore
Re: Need help with the tech?
by Cheryl Scudamore - Monday, 16 March 2015, 4:01 PM

Hi

I don't seem to be able to connect via Adobe connect - it keeps just saying connecting?

Cheryl

Abi Ball
by Abi Ball - Monday, 16 March 2015, 5:55 PM

Cheryl

I think you did manage to connect eventually to Adobe Connect as I remember seeing your name on the participants list but apologies for the issues and for the delay in getting back to you. 

We recommend using Firefox but AC does work in Internet Explorer so one option is to try an alternative browser.  Is your browser Flash enabled?  One other question is are you trying to access AC from an institutional PC or Mac?  Sometimes we have issues with institutional firewalls so you could try your home PC instead.

I hope these suggestions help.

Have a good evening.

Abi

Picture of Cheryl Scudamore
by Cheryl Scudamore - Tuesday, 17 March 2015, 7:34 AM

Hi Abi

I joined briefly from my phone but the signal kept dropping out. I work away from home so only have a work laptop. I tried Chrome, firefox and IE but couldn't connect through any of them. I am asking my IT department to look into this and see if they can open up access for me.

Best wishes

Cheryl

Abi Ball
by Abi Ball - Tuesday, 17 March 2015, 9:11 AM

Cheryl

Can you let me know how this goes?  If you want to check your room access after your IT team have made their changes let me know.

Abi