News forum

Picture of marion waite
More again on the peer workshop
by marion waite - Saturday, 28 February 2015, 8:19 AM

I have followed George's example and gone into the workshop tool and provided feedback for those people who have not received any, so far. Wow, what interesting and engaging reflective statements!

I agree with George that it is time to consider the virtual conference, however I have noticed that quite a few people have been allocated statements to assess and have yet to do so. There is a lot to be gained by reading the work of others and the workshop tool provides some nice prompts for feedback. Given that either George or I have commented on many you could look at our feedback as an example, where you have access to this (these will be the people you have been allocated to mark). Giving feedback to others is of course an aspect of the development of your teaching practice.

Well done everyone again for high levels of participation.

Marion

Picture of Elizabeth Lovegrove
Re: More again on the peer workshop
by Elizabeth Lovegrove - Monday, 2 March 2015, 9:20 AM

Just to follow up to Marion's encouragement to give feedback on the reflective writing activity -- if you tried and didn't have anywhere to put your feedback, that was because the deadline had passed and the system had stopped accepting comments. I've now turned off the deadline, and feedback should be enabled again. Email us at support@openbrookes.net if you're still having problems.

Liz.