Copyright and Takedown policy
Every effort has been made to ensure that nothing within Brookes Open Online Courses infringes UK law. However there may be circumstances when we will need to remove an item. These circumstances include copyright infringement, plagiarism and data protection issues.
Unless stated otherwise, all content in Open Online Courses at Oxford Brookes University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
The takedown procedure
If you are a rights holder and are concerned that you have found material in Brookes Open Online Courses, for which you have not given permission, or which is not covered by a limitation or exception in laws of the UK or other countries (as relevant), Complaints should be made in writing to the Brookes Open Online Courses team at firstname.lastname@example.org stating the following:
- Your contact details
- The full details of the materials
- The exact and full URL or other location where you found the material
- Proof that you are the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights holder or are an authorised representative
What happens next?
On receipt of your complaint we will:
1. Initially assess the validity of the complaint and acknowledge its receipt.
- If your complaint is plausible, the resource will be removed or access will be suspended pending verification of the complaint and the contributor will be notified.
- If we judge the complaint implausible or incorrect, we will inform you of this and our reasons.
2. Investigate your complaint in full and contact you with the result of this investigation and what action we have taken/will take.
3. One of the four outcomes will result:
- The item is unchanged and restored
- The item is replaced with appropriate changes
- The item is subject to an embargo and will be restored at the end of the embargo.
- The item is permanently removed.
Any queries about this policy and procedure should be addressed to the Brookes Open Online Courses team. (email@example.com)